We would like to bring to your attention some upcoming changes at the box:
- Test run of additional WOD classes
- Open Gym Times
Additional WOD Classes
We would like to run a test for the next few weeks to offer two additional evening classes which Coach Nick will run. The classes will be available on Zen Planner for you to register. Please understand that if there are three or less participants, the class will not take place.
- Tuesdays – 19.30 (August 20th & 27th)
- Thursdays – 19.00 (August 22nd & 29th)
Open Gym Times
On Tuesdays and Thursdays, we will need to modify how Open Gym runs and the times.
- Members must register for Open Gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays via Zen Planner
- Open Gym Tuesdays: 16.00 – 17.00 and 19.00 – 21.00
- Open Gym Thursdays: 18.00 – 20.30
If you are participating in Open Gym when a WOD is taking place please remember the following:
- Noise levels: keep noise to a minimum so the class can be conducted with minimal interruption
- Equipment: if the equipment is required for a WOD, the coach will need to ask you for it
- Open Gym Workout Area: Please workout in the weight room or the back room where the additional racks are located. If you need to use the pull up cage, please talk to the coach running the WOD and make sure your workout and the WOD can work well together
There are quite a few Gold Members who do have their own workout schedules / programs in addition to participating in the regular WODs and it might seem overwhelming what they are working on or the intensity at which they are training. If you’re curious…ask your fellow member what he/ she is working on. One of the amazing things about CrossFit or Weight Lifting is talking about what you do. Learn from each other and see how you could benefit from adding one or two Open Gym evenings into your workouts!
If these additional classes are successful, CFA will be looking to add them on a regular basis.
Please feel free to let us know what you think!